Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Cheat

This is a concept a friend and I thought up while brainstorming interesting photo themes a couple years back. It has taken me this long to find the right people for the shot. I had envisioned this shot outside but of course it rained on the day I scheduled the shoot. But with the background as the only downfall to my vision I like how they turned out. I would like to do it again outside someday though. The story line for these photos are this: There is a couple in the foreground of the photo in which the man has cheated on his girlfriend. A woman in red holding an apple stands in the background as the woman whom he cheated with. A scandalous photo with undeniable symbolism… open to interpretation.


3 comments:

unlisha said...

these photos are great I love the story they tell, the composition and the colors are also really good. it seems that red is the color this weak because I'm noticing a lot of red in the pictures. I also like the people you chose for this. Marybeth has a really somber and innocent expression on her face.

R.E.BEL. said...

I agree, the story is easily read and the composition is strong. I feel like the color print has more emotion and complexity to it because of the added element. Cheating and heart break is complicated... and maybe that's why I read the first one better.

Anita Opazo said...

I love how the saturation of the colors in the first one really tells the story.

In the second one I'd suggest moving your angle slightly to seperate the skirt from the holding hands so that the skin color of her legs would bring out the hands more.